Friday 1 May 2009

Lost track of the days - too many public holidays!








The outside of the house has got 2 layers of paint in most places - I think when I took the photo, it still only had 1 layer of paint. The darker colour still has to be put on the pillars and outside wall. I actually like it with this uniform colour, but the darker paint has already been mixed...
What used to be the "bathroom corner with bath" in our old bedroom, is beginning to look like the shower corner. I'm hoping they will come on Monday for the measurements, as it takes about 10 days to have the shower glass manufactured. Wilsons glass will put in both the glass screen in the apartment and the frameless shower in the house.

The Kitchen: instead of 2 to 3 days, the kitchen seems to be taking 2 to 3 weeks! On Monday they will come and replace the damaged counter top, fit the glass doors, the 2 missing handles, finish the bulkhead above the counter, align all cupboard doors as well as the cupboard in the bedroom. Will they be able to finish on Monday? I will rather not bet on it!


The bedroom carpet was also fitted yesterday - we're getting there, slowly but surely.
I must ask Alan on Monday, but I get the impression that he will be doing the roof on the verandah himself. I suppose the roofing people will just cut the sheets and he will fit them. He's waiting for Leon to finish all the painting. Will also have to ask him about the carport. Time is running out.....













2 comments:

  1. Sorry, this "Blog-story" is sometimes irritating. I have my lay-out absolutely perfect and then when it has been published, it's all changed with letters running down the side, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dit lyk als baie goed. Ek hou baie van die kleur van die huis nou. Kombuis lyk ook goed. Stadig maar seker! Jy moet vir die kombuis mense se hulle kan by Andre en Juergen kom leer hoe om vinnig kaste te bou!

    ReplyDelete