Thursday 12 February 2009

Day 4 - 12.02.09

Anneliese left for school at 07h10 and I very energetically started to wash the windows. I had barely finished, when loud noises were to be heard from the building site and a grey cloud of dust was everywhere....A lorry had arrived and the guys were busy loading all the rubble they had created yesterday. So much for my clean windows, but at least I hadn't put the washing out on the line yet! Immediately thereafter, the lorry from Brick and Clay arrived with the bricks. Alan tried yesterday morning in vain to phone them - in the end he drove there to order the bricks. Their telephone lines had been stolen! (The joys of living and building in SA!) Another problem yesterday was the taxi strike. At least all his guys made it to work on time, getting lifts, but he had to take them home. The strike still carries on, so I don't know if Alan had to pick up his people in Atlantis this morning. I just noticed that they had left the site before 5pm.
Today they took out the garage door and made a hole for the kitchen window facing the street and I think they also started with the openings where the slab has to fit in (will have to check that again). Then a guy called Frikkie from Atlantic Glass and Aluminium was here - he is in Killarney Gardens - I'll probably go there on Monday to look at windows and an aluminium door.

1 comment:

  1. Any payments to make for Alan so far? I can imagine that he will soon ask for money if he has already startet to order stuff for us.

    ReplyDelete