Monday 16 February 2009

Day 6 - 16.02.09


Monday - the garage door has been closed up to accommodate the double wood en glass doors like we have on the house. On the second picture you can see the winblocks that have been taken out, the window at the back of the kitchen is ready with a lintel for the new aluminium window, the kitchen window to the street still needs a lintel and the last one in the "lounge" must still be finished
I went to this glass and aluminium place in Killarney Gardens and also to the one where we have been next to Builder's Warehouse, to look at aluminium doors. I think that was a stupid idea of us. It means having a door with glass open to the street. Even though the glass is safety glass, you only need one bored kid to smash a brick into the glass and it needs to be replaced. And we have a car port over that door - rain shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to phone Alan now, hope it is not to late to change to a wooden door...If you don't feel the same way, please let me know immediately.
I can collect the plans tomorrow from council. Better remember to take money with, I suppose they would want their share again....

No comments:

Post a Comment